Coming together to see the possibilities and facilitate solutions that support our Pasifika young people to unleash their full potential
On behalf of the team at Le Va, I cordially invite you to GPS2020: Growing Pasifika Solutions for our young people and families, 6 - 8 April 2020 at Vodafone Events Centre, Manukau, Auckland.
Our collective vision for this national conference is to facilitate solutions that will propel our young people to unleash their full potential. With eyes wide open to see the possibilities, join us in this opportunity to showcase and learn innovative and integrated solutions that will contribute to equitable outcomes for our Pasifika families and lift the wellbeing of all New Zealanders.
To register for GPS2020, please click the button below
Keynote speakers thus far include:
- Carla na Nagara- Director of Suicide Prevention Office, Ministry of Health
- Professor Richie Poulton- Chief Science Advisor, Ministry of Social Development
- Ali’imuamua Sandra Alofivae- Commissioner for the Royal Commission of Inquiry of abuse in care
- NRL and Vodafone Warriors – Men’s wellbeing in sport panel (watch this space!)
- Julia Arnott-Neenee – Global Social Strategy Lead, HP
- Pacific mental health panel convened by Dr Monique Faleafa
- Pacific youth wellbeing panel (watch this space!)
- and on behalf of Le Va, our host John Pulu -from Tagata Pasifika TV
We’re delighted to announce that registration fees for GPS 2020 are heavily subsidised. We worked really hard to make sure this knowledge exchange is low cost for our communities and stakeholders, and is as accessible as possible.
It is our hope that GPS 2020 will:
- Bring people together from various sectors, providing a platform for integrating approaches for collective solutions to address some of the issues our young people and families face.
- Validate Pasifika solutions that meet the needs of Pasifika communities.
- Facilitate relationships across boundaries, between communities, providers, government.
- Promote technology as an innovative medium to share knowledge.
- Provide a platform for communities to update on progress “what have we achieved for our Pasifika young people and families since 2016”.
We look forward to connecting with you at GPS 2020.
Sign up to our newsletter and follow us on social media for real time updates.